When you’re in the mood or flat out needing to pick up a tube of lipstick, a jar of foundation, and/or your next gorgeous pallet of eye shadow, what do you look for in a store that you’re going to make your purchase from?
I have a few specific requirements when choosing where to make most of my purchases, and they include:
- Having a current selection of items I find in magazines, ’cause if I see something “New and Improved” in a mag, chances are I’m going to want to try it!
- Comparable prices, ’cause as much as I want the best, I want as much of the best as I can get on my budget!
- Benefits, such as free samples of products I’m curious of, and member rewards for that added value for being such a great, returning customer.
- Knowledgeable staff; I want to be able to walk in and get answers to my issues.
The prices are fabulous at Murale by Shoppers Drug Mart, when compared to a similar store, and I found only one product that had a price difference. Even better, it wound up being much cheaper to purchase at Murale.
Random Products Compared
Clinique – Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector, Murale: $43 Other: $49
NARS – Radiant Creamy Concealer, Murale: $30 Other: $30
Stila – One Step Bronze, Murale: $47 Other: $47
L’Occitane – Shea Hand Cream 150 ML, Murale: $30 Other: $30
Burberry – Body For Women EDP, Murale: $95 Other: $95
* Prices were compared on April 8th, 2013 and are subject to change at any time of course.
So while I’m getting fab treatment from Murale’s expert staff, I’m not paying extra for their professional service.
More Bang for My Buck
How many rewards cards do you have in your wallet? You name it, I probably have a membership number at hand for it, lol. Heck, even my bank card has a rewards program. Optimum is without doubt one of my all-time favourite programs. I love all the bonus events and promotions available to boost my points tally at Shoppers Drug Mart and Murale. And at the end of the year, I could potentially pick up a gaming system, a camera or even a laptop with only having to pay the tax!
Get ready for Fab & Free!
Murale actually has two awesome offers this month that would be crazy to miss out on! If you need a new face cream, or parfum, NOW is the time to head to your local Murale (or go online to murale.ca) to pick those necessities up!
- April 8th to 21st, 2013: Receive a Free tote with 24 Fab deluxe samples worth over $315 when you spend $125 or more in-store and online at murale.ca. And then from…
- April 22 to May19, 2013: Receive an additional 20,000 optimum points in-store (only) when you spend $125 or more at Murale on the featured regular-sized Fab & Free products. That’s equivalent to $30 (if your point balance is currently at zero.) PLEASE NOTE: You will need to participate in the first offer in order to receive a special coupon within the tote to take advantage of this second offer!
So get the free tote with samples between April 8 and 21st, and then purchase the regular-sized versions of your favourites from that tote by May 19th! The pink bag itself is cute all on its own, but the samples within are awesome! I really want to get my hands on the Clinique, Estee Lauder, Smashbox and skin authority samples!
Plus, if you purchase online at any time (even if you don’t participate in the Fab & Free promotion,) you get an additional 5 more samples of your choice out of a prepared selection!
Six Fabulous Locations to Choose From
There are currently six locations to choose from:
- Toronto – Shops @ Don Mills <- Perfect reason to visit Don Mills!
- Ottawa – Ottawa Downtown
- Montréal – Place Ville Marie <- The first one I’ve been to!
- Edmonton – West Edmonton Mall
- Vancouver – Oakridge Mall
- Calgary – Southcentre Mall
Spa Services Available
There are some really neat spa services available at Murale. The one I’m most interested in right now is the Nail Polish Change. For $10, receive their expert service for a quick 15 minute nail-colour “pick me up”. I don’t know about you, but new trendy colours on my nails always does the trick for me! There are numerous facials, a brow bar, teeth whitening and other beauty services to help improve how you look and feel too, so go check them out!
So now that I’ve hit publish on this blog post? Catch me on Instagram, ’cause I’m heading over to Shops @ Don Mills to check out some new Spring colours… and possibly get my nails done too!
And seriously, don’t forget….
Latest posts by Aeryn Lynne (see all)
- Intel RealSense – One Step Closer to Virtual in Physical Space - March 30, 2015
- New Comic Book Day: the Hungover Edition, March 25 2015 - March 25, 2015
- Top Spring Picks from Addition Elle - March 25, 2015